My Photo Website

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

YUMMINESS

Emily, you're the inspiration for todays post.

Cita's Sugar Cookies

These are the most amazing sugar cookies I've ever had! I've served them for countless baby showers. If the baby is going to be a boy I make blue frosting and if it's a girl I make pink frosting.

1 stick butter
1/2 cup sour cream
1 egg
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. soda
3 1/4 cups flour

Preheat oven to 400. Cream together first four ingredients. Add the remaining ingredients and mix until well blended. *Dough might seem sticky, but it should be. Roll out cookie dough (approx. 1/4 inch thick) on a floured surface and cut into desired shape. Bake for 5 minutes. Don't overcook. Cool then frost. Makes approx. 3 dozen.

Frosting

1/2 stick of butter
1 1/2 tsp of powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
food coloring

Mix together well.

I've always had good luck making these cookies. They are sooo delicious.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Mmm, I've had these cookies and they're awesome. I'm going to make them tomorrow.

I told Mandi about our plan for her shower, so now we have to do it. Let's figure out a date.

everydayjami said...

Do you know when she's due? Would an afternoon shower work for you. It might be kind of nice that way and then everyone could still have family activities on Saturday. Either way works for me.